Howard Gitlow, University of Miami
David M. Levine, Baruch College, City University of New York
ISBN:978-0-13-117262 – X
Publisher: Financial Times – Prentice Hall
Format: Paper; 705 pp
Status: In stock
- Overview of Six Sigma Management
- Six Sigma Roles, Responsibilities and terminology
- Macro model of Six Sigma Management (Dashboards)
- Define Phase of the DMAIC Model
- Measure Phase of the DMAIC Model
- Analyze Phase of the DMAIC Model
- Improve Phase of the DMAIC Model
- Control Phase of the DMAIC Model
- Basics of statistical Studies
- Probability and Probability Distributions
- Sampling Distributions and Interval Estimation
- Hypothesis Testing
- Design of Experiments
- Control Charts for Six Sigma Management
- Additional Tools and Methods
- Paper Organizers International: A Fictitious Six Sigma Green belt case Study
- A Paper Helicopter Case Study
- Six Sigma Champion Certification at the University of Miami
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification at the University of Miami
Appendix A Review of Arithmetic and Algebra
Appendix B Summation Notation
Appendix C Statistical Tables
Appendix D Documentation of Data Files
- Contains coverage of the foundations of management necessary for professional Six Sigma management.
- Presents a thorough and detailed anatomy of the Six Sigma improvement model.
- Integrates coverage of Six Sigma management with detailed coverage of those statistical methods that are appropriate for Green Belt and Champion certification.
- Includes chapter ending appendixes that provide step-by-step instructions for using Minitab for the statistical methods covered in every chapter.
- Includes two case studies in Six Sigma management.
- Includes information on Champion and Green Belt certification exams along with sample test questions.