David M. Levine, Baruch College, City University of New York
Publisher: Financial Times – Prentice Hall
Format: Paper; 368 pp
Status: In stock
- Fundamentals of Six Sigma
- Introduction to Statistics
- Presenting Data in Charts and Tables
- Descriptive Statistics
- Probability and Probability Distributions
- Sampling Distributions and Confidence Intervals
- Hypothesis Testing
- Design of Experiments
- Simple Linear Regression
- Multiple Regression
- Control Charts for Six Sigma Management
Appendix A Review of Arithmetic and Algebra
Appendix B Summation Notation
Appendix C Statistical Tables
Appendix D Documentation of Data Files
Green Belts working in a Six Sigma organization need to be familiar with statistics since statistical tools are an essential part of each phase of the Six Sigma DMAIC model. This book focuses on those statistical tools that are most important for Six Sigma Green Belts. The objective of the book is to familiarize readers with these tools, so that they will be able to use either the Minitab or JMP software to analyze their data. Among the important features of this book are:
- Simple nonmathematical presentation of topics – every concept is explained in plain English with a minimum of mathematical symbols. Most of the equations are separated into optional boxes that complement the main material.
- Covers the statistical topics that are most important for Six Sigma Green Belts – after beginning with the use of tables and charts and descriptive statistics, the book includes coverage of those statistical topics that are most important for Six Sigma Green Belts, i.e. statistical process control charts, design of experiments, and regression. The book minimizes emphasis on probability, probability distributions, and sampling distributions.
- Covers statistical topics by focusing on the interpretation of output generated by the Minitab and JMP software.
- Includes chapter ending appendices that provide step-by-step instructions (with screen shots of dialog boxes) for using Minitab and JMP for the statistical topics covered in the chapter.
- Provides worked out examples for each statistical method covered.
- Service industry applications – the book focuses on applications of Six Sigma in service industries. These service applications enable those who work in service industries to understand the role of Six Sigma in their industries, something that is difficult to for them to see when examples from manufacturing industries are used.